Aug 18th, 2021
Welcome to another episode of the Conversations for Financial Professionals podcast where we are shaping the next generation of financial advice.
Today we have Luis Rosa.
Luis is the founder of Build a Better Financial Future LLC. He immigrated from the Dominican Republic at age 11 and grew up in New York City where he noticed the lack of financial literacy in his community.
He’s the host of the “On My Way to Wealth” podcast, co-founder of the BlatinX (BLX) Internship Program and LatinXcellence – an initiative that seeks to bring awareness to and help close the wealth gap in the LatinX community.
He’s held many roles including FPA NexGen ambassador and host, to CFP Board Center for Financial Planning’s Diversity Summit speaker using those platforms to spread financial literacy via media outreach as well as encourage younger and diverse planners to join and thrive in the industry.
In this episode, Luis F. Rosa, CFP®, EA and I discuss why building financial literacy in our society is a key to building wealth.
In this episode, you'll discover:
- Luis' formula for becoming financially literate, and whether this formula is different for specific people groups;
- What helped Luis uncover the importance of financial literacy as a component to building generational wealth;
- Luis' thoughts about where the nexgen financial professional can fit into the continuum of making a difference;
- Trends Luis has noticed with the type of talent coming into the industry now, and the type of contributions they want to make;
- Luis' take on the impact of the BLX internship and what he and his co-founders are trying to solve with this solution.
If you want to understand the ingredients to becoming financially literate, find out where the nexgen #finpro fits into the financial literacy equation, and learn the changes to the existing model for recruitment of nexgen talent so you can incorporate tools to serve your ideal client at the next level, tune in now!
Are you a current or aspiring financial professional? Click here to receive my 10 Tips for jumpstarting your career.
Listen to previous podcast episodes, clicking here.
To receive a newsletter digest of Jumpstart community happenings, click here.
Don't forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates for our "Conversations for Financial Professionals!" by clicking here.
Want to collaborate? Click here.
If you enjoyed this episode on building financial literacy in our society is a key to building wealth, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now, click here.
Thanks again for listening, reading, and watching!