Jul 28th, 2021
Welcome to another episode of the Conversations for Financial Professionals podcast where we are shaping the next generation of financial advice.
Today we have Lawrence Smith.
Lawrence, you are the President of ELS Vision Wealth Management. You bring a passion for helping people reach their future wealth goals and work with Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans, small business owners, and individuals in need of expanded financial planning.
Prior to establishing your own firm in 2017, you served as a Registered Representative with JP Morgan Chase, as a Retirement Consultant with Lincoln Financial Group, and as a Financial Advisor with Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp.
Along with your BS in Business Administration you hold the Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC), Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist (CRPS), and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ designations as well as the Series 7, 6, 63, and 66 FINRA securities licenses, along with your Life and Health Insurance licenses.
You are well-equipped to assist prospective clients in a multitude of financial matters.
Welcome to the podcast!
- 0:00 Meet Lawrence Smith
- 2:49 When do firm owners hire career changers?
- 7:00 How do you decide when to hire a team?
- 10:38 What goes into a new hire?
- 17:54 What skills does a client facing hire need?
- 23:35 How to practice on yourself
- 26:17 What skills do non-client facing staff need?
- 32:39 Where do you learn these skills?
- 38:05 The Value of Internships in this industry
- 43:55 Education vs Experience vs Volunteering
- 50:03 Words of Wisdom
Are you a current or aspiring financial professional? Click here to receive my 10 Tips for jumpstarting your career.
Listen to previous podcast episodes, clicking here.
To receive a newsletter digest of Jumpstart community happenings, click here.
Subscribe to the podcast by clicking here.
Want to collaborate? Click here.
Thanks again for listening, reading, and watching!